Monday, May 2, 2011

Menu Monday

If Steven were Mexican, I'd blame this week's menu on my attempt to 'tap into his roots', but he's not.  He's Puerto Rican.  So I can't use that excuse.  I can, however, blame the menu on Cinco de Mayo.  Yes, that is my inspiration for including two Mexi-meals in one week.  Honestly though, the recipes just looked good and the items were on sale.  Good Recipe + Good Deal = Amanda's True Love.

Monday-Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta, Mixed Greens Salad, and Green Beans
Tuesday-Baked Chicken Topped with Peppers and Feta Cheese, Roasted Potatoes, and Corn Casserole
Wednesday-Oven Baked Chimichangas served with Black Bean Salsa and Corn Saute
Thursday-Grilled Drumsticks, Perfect Potatoes Au Gratin, and Grilled Peppers and Onions
Friday-Mexican Lasagna, Arroz Con Gandules, and Roasted Corn on the Cob
Saturday-Dang Cheese Sandwiches and Homemade Fries
Sunday-Mother's Day...I sure hope Steven has something planned.  Otherwise we will all starve!

2 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Ha, love Sunday's dinner!!!

Alice said...

Corn Casserole...yum! I'm making PW's potatoes for my bunco that I host on May 20th. That week is when I can return to somewhat normal food and calorie intake. I will still watch myself though.