Friday, May 20, 2011

Easy Chicken Pockets

I had Mexican Casserole on the menu this week, but I didn't want to eat that last night so I made something new.  I really wanted stir fry, but didn't want to take the time to cook in the wok.  Pure laziness.  Instead I found an idea in one of my cooking magazine.  They wrapped up a chicken breast with some veggies in aluminum foil and threw it on the grill. Yes-sir-ree, that's my kind of dinner.  The kind with virtually no clean up.  Be. Still. My. Heart.  So here's what I did...

I seasoned boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Then I tossed on some chopped onion and bell pepper.  Drizzled a little soy sauce.  Folded it up.  Threw it on the grill for 20 minutes, then flipped over the foil for another 10 minutes, and served with brown rice. It was the most simple, delicious, fastest clean up I've ever done.  The possibilities with this are endless.  Shrimp, fish, chicken, different seasonings, marinades...I could go on and on, but I won't.  You all have lives outside of this here blog.  I'll let you get back to them.  See you next week!

Happy Cooking!!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

looks yummy. we have done something like this at Em's girl scout campouts. they call them "hobo bags". also we have done an omelette in a ziploc bag!

Ashley said...

We do something similar to that when we camp but they are Po Boys or Hobo's. Hamburger patty, sliced onion, baby carrots and some sliced potatoes. Grill it, throw those puppies on a paper plate and you are good to go! ZERO clean up!