6 tilapia filet
2 cups italian bread crumbs
4 Tbsp butter (or 1egg)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup Ranch dressing or to taste
10-15 flour tortillas
Additional Taco Toppings:
diced tomato & onion
- Melt butter in a shallow dish that is large enough to dip in tilapia filets .
- In another shallow dish, pour in bread crumb seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick electric skillet or pan.
- Dip tilapia in melted butter first (coating both sides well), and then in the bread crumb seasoning (coating both sides well).
- Place into the heated oil for 5-7 minutes per side. It does not take long for fish to cook through, but you want to wait until the bread crumb coating is a nice golden brown color. Avoid flipping tilapia more than once. It will disturb the crumb coating, and look disgusting. And frankly, who wants to eat food that looks disgusting?
- Remove from skillet or pan when both sides are that pretty golden brown color. Cut fish into 1/2 inch strips. Avoid handling the fish too much, or it will flake out on you. Anybody like a flake?
- Serve on warm flour tortillas with the above listed toppings. Don't forget to pour on the Ranch. That's the spark that have you saying, "Mo' pease!" You know, like 'more please', only your mouth is full.