Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Corn Saute

Poor Alice asked about this recipe months ago.  At the time I told her I would get it up 'soon'. Well 'soon' never came.  More like later.  Much later.  So in this situation I'm going to use the phrase 'Better late than never'. 

Here's the long awaited Corn Saute modified from the Aug/Sept 2010 Simple & Delicious cooking magazine...

Corn Saute
1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
1/3 cup sliced onion
1-1/2 tsp olive oil
3/4 cup whole kernel corn
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
  • In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until crisp/tender. 
  • Add corn and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes longer until vegetables are tender.
  • Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and lemon-pepper.
Really easy and really yummy.  The sugar combines well with the flavors.  A little sweetness.  Like Walter Payton. Complete Sweetness.

Happy Cooking

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thanks!! I agree...better late than never. I think I will try it for dinner tomorrow night.