Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken Bake

I have no idea what is going on with my blog host, but it's driving me crazy.  I couldn't access my 'dashboard' in order to even write a post and the posts haven't been posting in the mornings when they're scheduled.  I promise I'm not getting lazy over here.  If I were, you know I'd tell you.  Instead I'm pulling out my own hair trying to work around the issues.  By the time I figure it out, I will more than likely have a few bald patches.  That's not going to be pretty.

Despite another issue to add to my long list, I have a recipe for you today.  One of Steven's favorites.



Poppy Seed Chicken Bake
4 cooked chicken breast shredded
2 sleeves of Ritz Vegetable Snack Crackers, crushed
1-1/2 sticks of butter, melted
2 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
8 oz cream cheese (you can use sour cream)
1 cup cheddar cheese
  • In a small bowl, combine melted butter, crushed Ritz crackers, and poppy seeds.
  • In a large bowl, combine cooked shredded chicken, mushroom soup, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese.
  • Line the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan with the 1 cup of the cracker mixture.
  • Pour chicken mixture on top.
  • Top with remaining cracker mixture.
  • Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. (30 minutes warms it up, but 45 is even better)
In my picture, I used all the butter, cracker, and poppy seed mixture on the bottom.  It gives it a thicker 'crust'.  Then I topped it with crushed Ritz crackers by itself.
Happy Cooking! 

No comments: