Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Potty Training In a Week

Remember this little thing...
{Little Miss, age 26 months}

 
And this big thing...


Well after two weeks of big girl panties, I think it's safe to say I have a potty-trained two year old.  It's one of my greatest accomplishments in life.  Aside from potty training this one...

 {Little Man, age 20 months}

And this one too...

{Steven Torres, age 385 months or 32 years, 1 month}


Maybe I didn't potty train him, but I certainly trained him to put the stinkin' lid down!  That's an accomplishment in itself.  The big question is what do I do with the rest of my year???  I mean, I've already accomplished my New Year's Resolution.  I set the bar pretty high, didn't I?

For those of you wondering how we did the whole 'potty training' thing, I'll include the details.  If you are not a parent of a child in diapers, just stop reading now.  There is no one in their right mind who should ever be interested in the bathroom habits of others unless you are teaching one to quit peein' and pooin' in their diaper.

Little Miss really didn't show any signs of readiness, other than telling me, "I poopy, Mama."  Of course, she'd tell me AFTER she'd done the deed.  Poop just grosses me out.  Like totally.

I have a friend, Natasha, who potty-trained both of her children by 18 months.  I went with her plan.  It goes a little something like this...HIT IT!  Sorry, I had to throw that in ;)

Day 1: 
As soon as your child wakes up, put them on the potty and get rid of that diaper.  Straight to undies/panties.  Set a timer for every 20 minutes and increase the amount of liquids your child drinks throughout the day.  When the timer goes off, go potty.  I had M&M's ready.  In fact Little Man was M&M manager.  If Little Miss went, he'd run and get one for her.  He'd also tell her what color it was.  Consequently, she learned the colors associated with M&M's and how to potty.  My heart is full! 

IF Little Miss did not go, I'd set the timer in 5 minute intervals until she went.  Do this for the entire day.  It's is exhausting.  It is a pain in the booty, BUT you will be glad you did it.

Day 2:
Day 2 is almost identical to Day 1 with the exception that you will increase the time between potties.  We did 30 minutes and it seemed to work well.

Day 3:
Little Miss didn't have any accidents on Day 1 or 2, so I stopped setting the timer.  Instead I would periodically ask if she needed to go.  She had a few accidents on this day, but she would come and tell me as soon as it happened.  Good sign!

Day 4-7:
Same as Day 3, but we asked less frequently if she needed to go.  By the end of the week, she was able to hold it for longer intervals and was telling us when she needed to go.  Success!!!

I won't say this works 100% of the time, but the people I know who have used this method have also been successful.  If you're looking to get rid of diapers, give this a try.  It may just be the trick!

Happy Potty Training!!!

15 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I'm having the hardest time potty training my 3-year old. Did this work for your little boy too? I have three boys and the first two just kind of started wanting to go in the toilet. My third one, not so much.

I also have another question, does she get upset when she doesn't get an M&M? I could see my little one pouting about not getting one.

Yanet of 3 Sun Kissed Boys

amanda torres said...

Yanet, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. With my son, I sort of did this. I never set a time for him, but I did put him in undies and asked him if he needed to go. His potty training stretched out quite a bit longer than my daughter's. The timer really helped me to be consistent in taking her. By the end of the first day when she heard the timer she would automatically head to the potty. Kind of like conditioning dogs ;)

I worried about the M&M too. The first couple of times she didn't go and didn't get the reward, she was upset. However, she learned when she gets the reward and when she doesn't.

I also had concerns about when she was fully trained how to wean her off the reward, but the wasn't a big deal either. I just stopped offering it, and would only give it to her when she asks. Most of the time she doesn't ask.

I hope this helps you out. Potty training can be so frustrating!!!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

You are the WOMAN! Way to go mama!

NHP said...

YEAH MAMA!!!
Glad to see that your little bit will be in some lil' panties.
Good job- thanks for the shout. Glad it worked for you.
Now only to potty train at night- we are still in diapers.
xoxo
n

Anonymous said...

I would like to see her "little bit" with out panties

Anonymous said...

iwant to touch it

Anonymous said...

touch it lick it feel my fingers working it good

Anonymous said...

getting some from my 2 yr old granddaughter......lovely p---y

Anonymous said...

nice I love 2 or under lick her p--sy for me too

Anonymous said...

HeyI would like to see her "little bit" with out panties I have pics and videos you want and I have an app I use to send pictures and videos my email address is jamesrollins2005@gmail.com
jamesrollins390@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hey getting some from my 2 yr old granddaughter......lovely p---y you want to trade pics and videos I have an app to share pics. My email address is jamesrollins2005@gmail.com
jamesrollins390@aol.com

Anonymous said...

its the little boy i want 2 suck his little weiner on the potty and finger his bum then ram my dick up his bum while i ram my tongue down his throat

Alec said...

That is a really cute little boy bet his penis would taste really good and his bum would be the best thing to fuck super tight that is what I like about little boys there penises and how tight there little boy bums are. I really love when you jam your cock up little boys bums and all you can hear is the little boys bum holes tearing apart and there screaming but my favorite part is that when you enter the little boys bum there penises start to get bigger and I would definitely grab that and jerk it off and get little boy cum on my hand and lick my hands off from little boy cum. I also love the smell of fear and little boy’s necks it’s like a new car smell

Anonymous said...

https://placel5pp.de/invite/i=107428

Unknown said...

https://fem78aex.cc/invite/i=80891