Monday, June 16, 2014

Menu Monday & A Wedding

Do you ever have those moments where you feel young and vibrant and knocked up and totally cool, only to realized, "DANG!  I'm getting old."

Saturday night Steven and I went to a wedding to celebrate the marriage of a precious young woman I coached while she was in high school.  It was a beautiful wedding, but it sure reminded us we are in an older stage of life.

First off, getting out the door was not young and vibrant.  It was more like chickens running around with their head's cut off. Trying to get three kids out the door for a Grandparent Date all the while making ourselves somewhat presentable for an evening wedding...MADHOUSE!

Double add in a woman trying to figure out what to wear, or at the very least, something that fit and resembled a dress... 

Ohhhhh!  This dress will work. 

NOPE!

What about this one?  It fit last month in Vegas.

NOPE!

Almost resorting to my nicest of yoga pants (and you think I'm kidding), I remembered the bag of maternity clothes passed to me (I gave all my maternity clothes away to a teenager at the Tulsa Homeless Shelter 2 days before I found out I was pregnant).  JACKPOT!!!  I found a dress that fit the bulging midsection. So make-up bag in hand we hopped in Steven's truck and headed to the wedding.

Seeing all the girls I coached in cheerleading, all grown up, starting their careers and families was awesome.  Their stories, their dreams, their passions...so amazing to listen to them all.  But, one thing remained.  Steven and I are so far removed from starting our lives together.

 Photo: Enjoyed a BA cheer reunion at #thewestonwedding  Congratulations @maxdw21 & @futuremrsweston!!
{A few of the girls from the 2004-2005 years & the coaches}

At one point we were dancing with all the other married couples.  When 10 years was called out, there we were...still dancing.  I glanced around and we were surrounded by all these mid-life peeps.  What the heck??? How did we get here?  We're with the oldies!  WAIT!  We are the OLDIES!

So with the wrinkles and aches and oldness, Steven and I celebrated where we are in life now.  And let me tell you!  It's not something we would change one bit.  Three kids and one more (the LAST one) on the way, we have been blessed with a life we could have never earned on our own.  We've been allowed experiences to grow us where we are today.  We have a community of people who support and love us in ways I would have never imagined in our 20's.  We totally look forward to our 40's and beyond.

Photo: #thewestonwedding with my love!!

Old or not I love this man far more than I did the day I married him.  I can only hope he ages along with me. Good thing I have an amazing eye cream!

Now, you see how old I am?  I forgot it was Menu Monday.  Here ya' go...

Monday-BBQ Quesadillas, Pineapple Salsa and Brown Rice Chips
Tuesday-Turkey Chili, Cornbread, Salad
Wednesday-Grilled Chicken Salad, Honey Butter Croissants
Thursday-Baseball Party
Friday-Grilled Chicken, Asparagus, Berries
Saturday-Club Sandwiches, Fresh Veggies
Sunday-Dinner @ Mom's

I hope you have an amazing week!


No comments: