Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sub It Out

In my former life subbing out was a headache!  Like spend hours preparing for someone else to walk in your classroom and keep the flow similar to how you would run things.  Or maybe I am too controlling.  I don't know, but it was always way more work than being at work.  Such the hassle.

Nowadays, subbing out is my lifesaver.  Long ago when I agreed to do the detox or clean eating, I thought it would be a l-o-n-g and painful month.  Now, I've learned that it was about subbing new items for my old ones.  Those slight changes have made major differences in our health and our kids' health.

So, I'm gonna share with you my most favorite, easiest food sub.  Drumroll PLEASE......................

BROWN RICE PASTA!

This is an easy, easy switch.  I purchase mine at Walmart.  It's found in the gluten free section.  The specific brand I go to is Tinkyada.
 
Brown rice pasta is my fav because the taste and texture is so comparable to regular spaghetti noodles my family knows no difference.  Anytime we have noodles in a dish now, we use brown rice pasta.  It eliminates gluten in our diet which, we have learned, affects us in more ways than one.  Major reason for the brown rice love...no bloating.  No poochy evening belly (well, except now that I'm pouchy 24/7).  No stomach cramping for Steven. It's an overall win.

And since I'm sharing how to sub out gluten, I have a very super duper delicious fresh summer salad for you.  I stole it from a friend out in California.  Chubby Cheekers killed my portion at lunch the other day so I had to toss together more.  It's loaded with protein, veggies, and yumminess so the joke was on him.  Muah ha ha ha!


I cut out the peanuts (known for a high mold content) and the used extra virgin olive oil instead of vinegar (known to contribute to the growth of candida yeast).  And just FYI, before Arbonne I knew NADA about mold content and candida yeast.  

If you are curious about the Clean Eating Challenge and why one would subject themselves to such discipline, you can check it out virtually from the privacy of your own home on Thursday, June 12th at 9pm CST.  Simply click the link and you are there...


This can even be done from you iPhone or iPad, but you will need to download the free app.   What's really great is I will be on and you can chat privately with me if you have a question.  You can turn the video off  yourself and even mute.  The duration is about 30 minutes and SUPER informative.  I recommend watching just to catch some new info that could really change the way you think about fueling your body.

No comments: