Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Two Wheelin'

Little Miss has always been my little daredevil.  Last weekend she began to show interest in removing her training wheels.  I was heading out the door to meet my friend, Erica for a run.  As we were coming up my street, I see a little tiny thing on a little tiny bike without training wheels.  Her daddy running behind her.

Photo: Little speedster


Within the five minutes it took me to meet up with Erica, stretch, and begin the run up the street, Steven had popped off those training wheels and had her riding her bike.  I was such a proud mama.  She is so my Annie Oakley.

Any thing you can do I can do better.
I can do anything better than you.

Not only was I was proud of Little Miss' bravery getting on that bike, but I was proud of the man I married. He taught Little Man how to ride his bike, and he took the same interest in teaching Little Miss to ride hers.  The only exception was the delicacy he demonstrated to her while he was instructing.  Gosh, I love that man.  He knows how to push her, but also knows when to stop.  He gives her the right amount of encouragement in a way that is so special to her. He calls her his little Honey Bear.  Just as Erica and I were about to round the corner off my street, and I heard him say, "Good job, Honey Bear!"  Not one bit ashamed of such a mushy gushy name.  He is such a great father to a little girl.  


If you are thinking, "Isn't she a bit big for that bike?"  You are right!  The bike is too small for her.  We've kept that bike so she can touch the ground with ease.  Here in the next few weeks, we will be on the hunt for a 'new to her' bike.  Keep your eyes peeled for a 16 inch Hello Kitty or other cutie pie girlie bike.  We'll need one!

No comments: