Monday, April 8, 2013

Detox Menu Monday

My first detox week is over and I'm moving on to week 2.  I'll share successes tomorrow.  Today is my menu.

Monday-Firecracker Shrimp, Steamed Broccoli, Green Beans
Tuesday-Chicken Tacos served on Rice Wraps, Black Bean Fritters (substitute almond flour) and Salsa
Wednesday-Veggie Spaghetti with Quinoa* (for added protein), Green Beans, Garlic Bread (Udis)
Thursday-French Lentil Soup and Crusty Udi's Bread
Friday-Cilantro Lime Chicken, Grilled Peppers and Onions, Brown Rice
Saturday-Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa*, Baked Sweet Potato Slices, Salad
Sunday-Dinner with Mom (she's detoxing too!)

*These two meals were so good and filling that we had to put them on again.  The grilled salmon was restaurant quality.  Seriously.  The flavors blended so well together.  Ah-MA-Zing!

Sorry to be so short.  This past week had me so focused on what and when to eat that my mind was done by the end of the day.  I seriously could not think of anything else.  Good news!  I have that part down now. Things are becoming a routine and bad eating habits (my disastrous pantry carb/sugar loading right before bed) are moving out.  It feels really good.

For the first time ever we went to a birthday party and I wasn't dying to dive into the birthday cake.  It looked delicious, but I had no cravings for it.


No comments: