Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Babes

You remember this gem of a photo?

Chubby Cheekers: 6 months
Mr. Fluffypants: 4 months

I love it. My all time favorite photo of the babes.  Something I will cherish when they are old and grown and having children of their own.  A pic I will pull out at random moments to reminisce and to show girlfriends, friends, family, everyone, and anyone who will look and listen.

It kinda blows my mind when I think about Chubby Cheekers and Mr. Fluffypants being 4 or 5.  They really don't know too much of life without one another and it's becoming very apparent how much they mean to each other.

Every morning, despite the front door always being unlocked for him, Chunkey Monkey rings the doorbell.  When Chubby Cheekers hears the doorbell, he takes off running for the front door, bypasses Chunkey Monkey and looks for Mr. Fluffypants.  As soon as he sees him, Chubby Cheekers lets out a big squeal and Mr. Fluffypants smiles a gigantic smile.  It is the most precious thing I have ever witnessed.

They do the same thing after naps.  Look for each other and then squeal once they lock baby glances.  Here they are at 12 and 14 months and they already have a bond.  Almost like twins, but better.  A special kind of cousin bond, and I get to see it unfold everyday.  I'd call myself blessed for having the opportunity to witness a relationship so special.

Those two little guys may have me pulling out my hair on somedays, but I would not trade this time for anything.  All the craziness, all the snot, all the poop, all the feedings, it's all worth it.

No comments: