Monday, April 1, 2013

Menu Monday

It has arrived.  The first day of my first detox.  AHHHHH!!!  So many emotions and thoughts.  Can I really do this? What if I fail?  What if I'm miserable?  How is this going to benefit me? What if Cheesecake Factory calls me in for taste testing and I can't eat anything?  Okay, so that last thought is a bit extreme.  Cheesecake Factory isn't going to call me, but I do wonder how I will feel throughout the month while taking out some of my most cherished foods like bread, dairy, and peanut butter.

However crazy this whole detox may sound, I am secretly excited about exercising my will power, making healthier choices, and seeing how my body reacts to fueling it completely the right way for 30 days.  Throughout this whole thing I will keep you posted, not just with my menu, but with details.  Details about my moods, cravings, feelings, performance, everything.  Well, maybe not everything.  I will be increasing my fiber intake.  We all know where that leads.  Nobody needs to hear about that!

Without further ado, here is my corn/wheat/dairy/soy/caffeine/white potatoes/peanut butter free menu...

Monday-Easy Roasted Whole Free Range Chicken, Mashed Cauliflower, Fresh Strawberries
Tuesday-Chipotle Sweet Potato Skins and Grilled Asparagus
Wednesday-Turkey Veggie Spaghetti on Rice Noodles and Green Beans
Thursday-Turkey Chili and Salad (Salad Dressing=EVOO, lemon, lemon zest, sea salt, pepper)
Friday-Stir Fry with Brown Rice
Saturday-Turkey Burgers served on Ice Berg Lettuce, Fresh Cut Veggies and Hummus, and Berry Salad
Sunday-Salmon with Cilantro Salsa, Snap Peas, and Brown Rice

There you have it.  The menu actually looks pretty tasty to me, it was adjusting to removing the wheat products that had me stumped.  I love bread with every meal.  Finding substitutes for that will be difficult for me.

Tomorrow I'm going to talk with you about how all this new clean eating fits with my Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Budget.  For this detox I did NOT change my grocery budget.  I was pleasantly surprised how eating cleaner was around the same cost as how I shopped before.  This is doable!!!


No comments: