Thursday, January 31, 2013

Zucchini Pancakes


Back in Little Miss' picky eating days, I had to sneak in the veggies.  She's so much better after years of serving the same things on her plate, but I have a new issue.  Chubby Cheekers has found his independence.

The baby only wants to feed himself.  Since he isn't even a year (I'm holding on to these last weeks), I can't just hand him a spoon.  Well I guess I could, but the mess!  Oh the mess he would make.  Nevertheless, I have to feed the kid something, and sometimes I don't feel like waging a war over how he's being fed.

For some reason, I just can't fork over a pancake to him without something in it like a fruit or veggie.  He has to have them.  I can only make so many apple cinnamon pancakes before you wonder what else is out there I can shove into a pancake.  Ah, YES!  Zucchini.  Not enough flavor to change the taste, but oh the nutrition.

Without further hesitation, I reintroduce the Zucchini Pancake.  Best wishes on getting those veggies in!  Here is my motto on kids and veggies...Don't give up, get sneaky!  Thankfully Chubby Cheekers is not picky on what he eats.  He's just picky on how he eats.  My little stinker.


No comments: