Friday, September 20, 2013

Randomness

I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I actually managed to find time to write every day this week.  Overachieving at its finest.  Unfortunately for you, I don't have a lot of pertinent information to share.  You're about to get a load of random thoughts.  I apologize in advance.  
  • Little Man had a football game last night.  I am the idiot parent who cheers a little too loudly.  Eventually, I will be asked to not come to games.
  • Little Miss is in the stage of picking out her own clothes.  Just keep that in mind when you see us in public.
  • Chubby Cheekers is in the stage of spilling everything on his shirt...and...rubbing food in his hair.  Just keep that in mind when you see us in public.
  • I had a brilliant idea of running while pushing two toddlers in a double jogger just so I didn't have to wake up at 5:30am.  Next time, I'll choose 5:30am.  
  • Bravery happened the other day.  I went to school drop off all sweaty and stinky.  It was liberating...for me.  Later on I caught a whiff of myself and immediately felt sorry for the poor souls that shared the same air space. 
  • The cooler weather headed in this weekend prompted me to buy a rump roast.  Yes, cold weather leaves me with a craving for animal bottom.
  • I went to buy mint extract and my hand glided over vanilla extract.  It made me think of beaver booty.  Cooler weather does not leave me craving beaver booty.  Pass on the vanilla.
  • Our annual outdoor movie night is Saturday night.  Let's be real.  This is just an excuse to eat pizza and popcorn and not feel bad about it.  It has little to do with the actual movie.
  • Secretly, I wish I were one of those parents who put little thought into birthday parties.  Get a cake, rent a place, buy some pizza...done.  BUT, I over think details.  For Little Man's party, I think I'm going to go with the easy route.  Of course I'll have to think about whether I'll do that or not.
  • I finally convinced Little Miss a pumpkin party was way cooler than a princess party.  At a pumpkin party everyone can wear a costume and boys can come too.  I feel like a master manipulator.  I have issues.
  • After reading about the end of the prophet Elijah's life, I realized how stubborn both Elijah and Elisha were.  There is hope for Chubby Cheekers.
  • Right now my contacts are so dry, I can barely see the computer.  That's when you throw in the towel and call it a night.
Have a great weekend.  Go and bless someone who is least expecting it.  Give a little grace, guard a little peace, get down tonight.  Mmmmhmmm, get down tonight.  Whoops!  Got a little sidetracked there. 

No comments: