Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What a Man!

Today I want to talk about my man.  Mr. Steven Torres. 


The best partner a gal could have.  I just don't think he gets enough love on here.  Especially on days like today.  Days where I call him at work and ask him to assist me in disciplining Little Man.  He didn't hesistate at all.  He hopped in his truck and drove home instead of driving to the gym.  His usual lunch hour stop.  He came home because he has always put us first, and I love that about him.  He came home because he also knew Little Man needed some reinforcement outside of what I was giving out.

For the past week, Little Man has been struggling with obeying at our word.  Meaning if we give him an instruction, we expect him to follow it immediately.  Without hesitation.  Without whining. Without backtalk.  It's a hard concept to get through a stubborn little boy, but we're stubborn too.  Stubborn and determined.  We know the older he gets the harder it will be to instill obedience in him.  It's like learning a foreign language.  You're set for life if you learn it young.  Wait until you're in high school, and you're lucky if you remember, "Parlez vous Francais?"  Well, maybe I'm just speaking for myself here (no pun intended)...

Anyway, when I called Steven at work to let him know how Little Man was choosing to disobey multiple directions, he came right home.  I'm so thankful that he has a flexible employer that focuses on family.  I'm so thankful that I have a husband who sees raising our kids as a priority.  I'm so thankful that I'm not going at this alone.  Child rearing is tough stuff.  Not for the weary, that's for sure.

After 1 hour and 15 minutes of disciplining, explaining, and laying out the consequences, we *think* Little Man is starting to 'get it'.  At least I hope he gets it, because I need a nap after all that! Ex-haust-ing, I tell ya'.

So, Big Man (aka Steven), if you're reading this which you probably aren't because you don't read this blog, but I'm taking a chance that you might for one special occassion, THANK YOU.  You make my job as a mom so much easier.  I love you and the support you give to our family.  Now get back to work!

1 comment:

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

You have a good man! And it's so good to show a united front. I have a stubborn one too. Gosh it's hard when they are so cute!
xx