Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun and Free

If you've read this blog for any length of time you know I love freebies.  With the weather warming up in our good 'ol state of Oklahoma I've been on the lookout for some different, fun, and inexpensive activities for Little Man, Little Miss, and Chunkey Monkey. 

When I was teaching I heard of different schools going on field trips to fire stations in our city.  I thought, "Why not us?"  So I got in contact with one of my high school friends, Branson.  Steven used to wrestle with Branson in high school, but I can call Branson MY friend because I met him BEFORE I started dating Steven.  We had chemistry together.  I just thought I'd throw that out there.  I know people too!

Anyway, I emailed Branson about doing a visit at his station and he said yes.  He did such a great job telling about his job duties and showing the kids around the station, ambulance, and fire engine.  He even let the kids try on his bunker gear.  They were so stinkin' adorable!!!
What are some favorite freebies you take your kids to do?  I'm all ears!

1 comment:

Diana said...

There is a place in Claremore called "Shepherd's Cross". You can check our their website, but they have sheep shearing days in April, a pumpkin patch in Oct. and a live nativity in Dec. Neat little place. They will do tours as well. Most of it is free, but sometimes there might be a small cost...they are a non-profit org. But they also have a little gift shop of things they've made and they sell products they produce...meat, eggs, produce, etc. GREAT PLACE!