Thursday, May 17, 2012

PB Chocolate Crumb Bars

It's that time again. The time for cookouts.  Inevitably you are going to be asked to come to a cookout, and in order to come to that cookout, you are going to be asked to bring a dessert.  A dessert that will knock everyone's socks off.  You will be looked at as the Goddess of Desserts, and you will thank me for sharing this awesome dessert.

I would have loved to attach a picture so you could salivate over it, but my camera was acting up.  I was so frustrated by it that I consoled myself to the very last bar.  I guess I'll be making this again.

Without further ado, here ya' go...

PB Chocolate Crumb Bars*
1 cup butter, softened
1.5 cups brown sugar
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups peanut butter

  • Beat butter and sugar until well blended.  
  • Add butter, oats, flour, and baking soda.  Mix well.
  • Press 3 cups into a greased 13x9 baking dish
  • In a separate microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips.
  • After chips are melted, stir in peanut butter.
  • Spread chocolate mixture carefully over the pressed oat mixture.
  • Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top of the chocolate.
  • Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
*Recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine

No comments: