I would have loved to attach a picture so you could salivate over it, but my camera was acting up. I was so frustrated by it that I consoled myself to the very last bar. I guess I'll be making this again.
Without further ado, here ya' go...
PB Chocolate Crumb Bars*
1 cup butter, softened
1.5 cups brown sugar
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups peanut butter
- Beat butter and sugar until well blended.
- Add butter, oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Press 3 cups into a greased 13x9 baking dish
- In a separate microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips.
- After chips are melted, stir in peanut butter.
- Spread chocolate mixture carefully over the pressed oat mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top of the chocolate.
- Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
*Recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine