Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Christmas Menu

The first time in Torres Family history, we are spending the entire day of Christmas at home.  Can I get a 'woot, woot'?  Yep, our little family snuggled altogether playing with the new toys and lounging in our pj's.  Oh yeah, and preparing the Christmas Family Feast.  Christmas night we're hosting dinner.  My family and his family laughing, hugging, sipping on egg nog, and singing O' Christmas Tree in completely harmony. Okay, okay.  So maybe not in complete harmony, but we'll all be here.  All of us.  Every cotton pickin' one of us.  Which means I've got a booty load of food to make. 

Here's what's on my Christmas Menu...

Appetizers
Artichoke Spinach Dip
Fruit with McAlister's Style Fruit Dip
Cheese Ball with Crackers

Main Meal
Turkey (using this brine)
Arroz con Gandules (my first attempt at Puerto Rican rice)
Green Bean Casserole
Corn Casserole
Stuffing Balls
Zucchini Corn Saute
Homemade Crescents

Sweet Treats
Cake Balls
English Toffee
Peanut Butter Clusters
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Pecan Pie (Thanks Mom)
Pumpkin Pie (Again...from the Madre)

As you can see we won't be skimping on calories.  So go ahead and practice your poker face.  Cause if you see me in public you might need it.  I plan on blowin' up to at least 200+lbs after consuming all of the food items listed above.  Poker face.  If you don't have one...GET ONE!

I'm super curious to know what you eat for Christmas Dinner?  Do you even have a dinner?  Do you do eat dinner on Christmas Eve?  Do you do eat dinner on a boat?  Do you eat dinner with a goat?  Do you eat dinner here or there?  Do you eat dinner anywhere?  Wait a minute!  I've been reading Green Eggs and Ham WAY too much!  Scratch those last few questions.

Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

YAY for staying home for Christmas! Enjoy!s

Cate O'Malley said...

Christmas Eve is my holiday to host, and as good Italians, we do the Feast of Seven Fishes. My mom is French, and that tradition is 13 desserts. Needless to say, no one goes hungry!