Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change in Food Types

I love the changing of the seasons.  Going from summer to fall means less grilling and more crockpotting.  Crockpotting?  Yes, I'm sure it's a word.  Kinda sure.  Even though my recipe today is not a crockpot one, it's still falls under the Fall category.  Hee hee, I said 'fall' twice.  What?  You, don't find that funny?  I'm hurt!

Today's recipe comes from my family.  My family, meaning my husband's brother's wife's mother's mother.  Did you get that?  Simplified version...my sister-in-law's grandma.  This one is to die for and will probably be added to your Thanksgiving Day Menu.

Corn Casserole

{No editing done...sorry...not enough hours in the day}

1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can cream corn
1 pkg Jiffy cornbread mix
1 stick butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
8 oz sour cream

  • Mix all ingredients together well.
  • Pour into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish
  • Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a knife comes out clean from the center.
Happy Cooking!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love fall cooking too! This looks yummy and easy! My kind of thing!

Anonymous said...

I also love fall cooking, especially the warm comfort foods and the yummy desserts made with apples, pears, spices, etc. Mmmm!

I've been wanting an easy recipe for corn casserole...thanks for this one. It'll be on our table soon!!