Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Think I Drew the Short Stick

We all know I'm in charge of Christmas dinner.  We all know I'm married to a Puerto Rican.  We all know I'm a little neurotic.  Wait.  You didn't know that?  Well, I am.  Completely neurotic.  It's good to know these things before you decided to read the mumbo-jumbo stuff I put on this very blog.

Since we've now cleared up that I am in fact neurotic, I am married to a Puerto Rican, and I am in charge of Christmas dinner, I should tell you the second part.  I, the white chic, am in charge of cooking pernil and arroz con gandules.  I'm not sure what my family is thinking, but this could either be the beginning of a beautiful thing or an epic fail.  Epic fail is what I thinking. 

I do, however, have a back-up plan  (i.e. a traditional Christmas meal).  I wouldn't anyone going hungry before we open presents.  If that were the case, things could get a little ugly.  We don't want ugly on Christmas night.  No, no, no. We want harmony.  Peace and harmony.  And of course good food.  Say a prayer for me. 

1 comment:

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

OH best of luck to you, because I don't even know what those are! LOL! So your doing better than I would be. hehe

Hugs!