Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Annual Christmas Cookies

For quite some time now my family has always made Christmas sugar cookies, and this year was no exception.  The only difference is my mom and I had 6 extra hands.  Little hands.  Not so much helping hands, but little hands.  Little Man, Little Miss, and Chunky Monkey all pitched in to make the cookies.  They were so adorable.  A complete mess, but adorable.  I very well may be sweeping up little teeny tiny sprinkles off the floor for as long as I live, but it is completely worth it.  I hope to do this with the kids every year.  Including Chunky Monkey.  He just adds that special touch.  You'll get to see that special touch a little later.  You'll love it!

The dough is rolled and the kids are ready!

Little Miss is visualizing the perfect Christmas cookie. 
This is serious business people.

Her first attempt with Grammy's help.  A success. 
All that visualization paid off.


Little Man's turn.  Another success.  He didn't visualize.  He's just that good.


Chunky Monkey watching his cookie go to the cookie sheet.  He wanted to eat it.  Explaining a baking process to a 2 year old is difficult.  Very difficult.

Here's that special touch I was talking about.  Chunky Monkey really wanted to make sure he left a little part of him with each cookie he made.  So sweet. 


Time for decorating!!!  Notice Little Miss is not in the picture.  She tired out.  Too much visualization of the perfect cookie.  It just seemed unattainable to her. I understand Little Miss.  I understand.

No comments: