Monday, August 2, 2010

Menu Monday

This week is going to be entitled..."Go here, go there".  Since it's "Go here, go there" week, this menu will be a little sketchy.  I highly advise you call up your buds and invite yourself over for dinner.  And since you don't want to seem like a big mooch here's a little scenario to help you out (hint: you must call at dinner time)....

"Hello?"

"Hey Janie!  It's me.  How are you?"

"Oh, I've been good.  Just cooking dinner."

"Oh yeah?  Whatcha having tonight?  I need some ideas."

"Nothing special.  Just a little prime rib with scalloped potatoes, lemon seasoned green beans, and creme brulee for dessert."

"Wow!  That sounds amazing.  You are such an amazing person, and an amazing cook.  I bet it's delicious.  We haven't had good prime rib since, well, since we last ate at your house.  It was so delicious.  I really enjoyed the last time you had us over."

"Well, would you like to join us tonight?"

"I wouldn't want to impose, but I do love your cooking."

"You wouldn't be imposing.  We'd love to have your company."

"In that case, we'd love to come over.  Thanks for the invite."

Works like a charm...everytime (sorta)  But, just in case have your coupons handy and take your family out to eat.  Either way, you'll still be the queen!

MENU
Monday-Italian Broiled Salmon with Broiled Zuchinni and Squash
Tuesday-Baslamic Bowtie Pasta Salad
Wednesday-Grilled BBQ Drumsticks, Corn Casserole,  Salad
Thursday-Dinner at Dink's
Friday-Dinner at my Mama's
Saturday-Parmesan Chicken (recipe is for pork chops), Scalloped Potatoes, Fresh Almond Green Beans
Sunday-Dinner with Friends

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Balsami bowtie pasta sounds perfect for a hot yucky day like today! haha
xo
amadna

Kristin said...

Just wanted to say that I LOVE your balsamic bowtie pasta. I've made it quite a few times and my family loves it. I also made it for my Bunco group and they loved it as well!!!