Sunday, August 2, 2009

Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad

This recipe is my new favorite recipe. It makes for 6, so you can cut it down if you need to. However, I make it for 6 and it is gone so quickly! It's easy and delicious. Such a great summer recipe.

Ingredients:
3 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
4 cups cubed chicken breast
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped red onion
4 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced fresh basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

  • Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add chicken, tomatoes, onions, bacon, and Gorgonzola cheese.
  • In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
That's IT! I make it a little easier by throwing 3-4 frozen chicken breast in the crock pot with about a cup of chicken broth, salt and pepper for 4 hours. Then I always use 'ready' bacon. So much faster! I hope you enjoy. I'd love to know what your family thinks if you try this one!

3 comments:

NHP said...

I will print this now and have it soon. :)
It was wonderful to see you today.
Love you!
Natasha

Kristin Gillespie said...

Your post has encouraged me to cook more. I tried the Balsamic Chicken Pasta the other night and my family LOVED it. Keep the recipes coming! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Natasha's and she posted a link to your blog on her blog. I tried this recipe and it was delicious!! Thanks so much for sharing! Kristin Lydens