Friday, August 28, 2009

Parmesan Pork Chops with Herb Roasted Veggies

I know pork chops aren't for everyone, but I have learned to love them. After all my husband refers to the pork chop as the "Puerto Rican steak" He's quite the character I tell you!

Parmesan Pork Chops

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsps all-purpose flour
2 tsps italian seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper
4 boneless pork loin chops
2 Tbsps olive oil
  • In a small bowl, melt butter. In a large Ziplock, combine Parmesan cheese, flour, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Dip pork chops in butter and then place in bag to shake one at a time.
  • In a large skillet, cook pork in oil on medium heat for 7-8 minutes per side or until juices run clear.

Herb Roasted Veggies
1 medium zucchini sliced
1 yellow summer squash sliced
1 medium tomato seeded and chopped
1/2 cup onion
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
  • In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
  • Put veggies in a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake uncovered @ 450 degrees for about 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.


Another quick and easy recipe, but oh so delicious! Happy Cooking!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm going to try this...I only have one way of cooking pork chops seasoned salt, black pepper, and onions), so this will be a nice change for us. Thanks!
:)

Sarah said...

I am going to make this tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, these pork chops and veggies sound delicious!! I just might have to make this meal this week.

Thanks for all the recipes lately -- keep them coming!! :)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I made these pork chops a couple of nights ago, and they were a HUGE hit!! Jon has mentioned several times that they are one of the best things I've ever made. Thanks to you for the great recipe!

amanda torres said...

Thanks Erin! We like them too. I love feedback on how everyone else's taste buds take to our family favorites.