Sunday, August 29, 2010

Menu Monday

This is THE week.  The week Little Miss and I are left to fend for ourselves.  The week I have been dreading.  At least I'm getting closer to it being over.  Now that sounds bad.  I am truly grateful to have alone time with LIttle Miss.  I'm gratful that Little Man and the men in his life will be able to have some quality time together, but that doesn't help the hole in my heart.  I just love them.  A lot. 

On a totally unrelated note, Steven is setting his alarm as I'm typing this.  The Black Eyed Peas' "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" comes on.  He just said to me, "Now this would be a good song to wake up to."  Really?  And I'm considered the weirdo in the relationship.  Go figure.  Enough of real time.

Since the boys will be gone Thursday through Sunday, I only have a menu for Monday through Wednesday.  Little Mama and I plan on mooching off family.  They don't know it yet.  Heck, it might even be you.  I'm just sayin' don't be surprised if your doorbell rings at dinner time.

MENU:
Monday- Fish Tacos, Pico De Gallo, and Mexicorn
Tuesday-Spinach Stuffing Stuffed Chicken Breast (that's a lot of 'stuff'), Loaded Baked Potatoes, Steamed Veggies
Wednesday-Monterey Chicken, Cheesy Broccoli Hashbrown Bake

On a side note, I need your help!  Not for my mental stability, but for your favorite recipes!!!  So next time you're cooking up your favorite dish, take some pics and send them to wispclips@hotmail.com.  I need some guests blog posts people so don't be shy!

Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

Merari Torres said...

Hi Amanda. I have a recipe for a dish Marilyn made on Saturday - she is very proud and rightly so. Not sure what to call it but here it is:

1 jar of spicy spaghetti sauce
1 jar of alfredo sauce
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 package of Buitoni four-cheese stuffed ravioli
Olive Oil
Seasonings: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, 2 dashes of cayenne pepper (or more if you like it really spicy)

Add ravioli to boiling water and cook per directions. Slice up chicken and add seasonings. Heat up olive oil and add chicken. Once chicken is cooked add the two jars of sauces and bring to simmer. Add cooked ravioli to chicken/sauce mixture. Mix and serve. At this point you can add more cayenne pepper to the mix if you want it spicier.