Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reality

I dislike clutter.  I dislike dirty floors.  I like organization.  I like cleanliness.  I have three kids during the week.  Two are my own, and the third I like to claim as my own, but he is my nephew.  These three kids love clutter.  They love dirty floors. They dislike organization.  The dislike cleanliness.  They are the reason my house looks like this for the majority of the day...
I think it is their daily mission to see how many toys they can pull out and how much food they can fling on the floor.  Just look at Chunky Monkey's face.  It says it all.  He's looking for the next opportunity to throw something.  As for Little Man, he's working on crashing into something breakable with his remote control car.  And Little Miss over there in the corner?  Don't let her fool you.  Five minutes before this she was the ring leader.  She saw the camera and decided she'd better get her act together.  She didn't want any proof that she had been guilty.  Typical girl!

But the reality of it all is I would clean up after them no matter what.  No matter how many messes.  No matter how much food goes on the floor instead of their mouths.  No matter how much they are out to get me, I love them to pieces.  I wouldn't trade this life for the world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear ya! My kids could definitely care less if our house is neat at tidy. Much to my dismay. Maybe one day it will all be put back together again. But then again, we do live here. =)