Thursday, May 1, 2014

How Does This Happen? 4th Baby Tell All

I think I'm ready to divulge my deepest darkest secrets.  No, I'm not.  Yes, I am.  No, I'm not. 

I have issues.

I think the most popular question I ask myself people ask is, "How does this happen?"   To make a long story short...I really like my husband.  I mean, have you seen him???

 

He's such a stud.  And can I entice you to check out that little bump???  I don't have to suck it in anymore.  Phew!  That's hard work.  I'd be out in public, see someone I know, and POOF!  Instant suck in.  It's exhausting.  Now I can let it all hang out.  I loooooove letting it hang out.

Seriously.  You don't need to know this.

My head is so scattered on this subject, I'll just give you the cliff notes.
  • This was a total surprise.  Once Chubby Cheekers outgrew baby stuff I started giving it away or selling it.  We were D.O.N.E.  We're starting from scratch over here.  Kinda funny.  Kinda not.
  • We've known for a month, but I was not ready to share.  I needed to wrap my head around this newborn thing again.  It kind of freaked me out.
  • We have always felt someone was missing from our family, but Steven and I could not imagine adding 'more' to our plates.  Guess that decision got made for us.  Thanks, God.
  • We are extremely excited now, and the kids are pumped.  According to Little Miss, she wants to have 100 more babies.
  • The idea of our kids having each other as the grow up is worth all the chaos that will follow.
  • I appreciate and love my friends a little more who have 3+ kids.  They have the best reactions.  They get us.  We're all on zone defense together.
  • Since I'm ornery, I love telling people the news and watching their reactions.  That part is fun.  Heck, I wish I could have seen my own face after taking the test.  I know my husband's was priceless!
  • This will be one well documented journey.  Just get ready.  I plan to keep up with my regular workout routine to keep my weight down.  You laugh, but I gain at least 40 lbs with each pregnancy and swell like a gigantic balloon.  It's bad.  I will post pics.  Reminds me as a freak show exhibit.
  • I am very open with wanting another girl this time around.  Little Miss is surrounded by boys all the time.  I would love for her to have a sister.  However, I will not be devastated if it's a boy.  Boys are awesome.  Nor will we 'try' for a girl.  Someone is getting snipped before postpartum is over.  Ahem...Steven?  Are you still there???

That's all I have for you folks.  The Torreses are having another go at this parenting thing.  We're just working on our part for populating the Earth with little Puerto Rican minions!  Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!


No comments: