Friday, February 22, 2013

My Best Idea Yet

As I found myself running around like a chicken with my head cut off yesterday, it dawned on me.  I need some help.  Leaving myself and hour to get three kids fed, dressed, and out the door was not my best planning, but it's what happened.  Honestly, even two hours wouldn't have been enough time.

Last night was Little Man's Kindergarten Musical.  The venue was a few blocks from Steven's office so we decided I would swing by and pick him up so we could arrive together.  That plan sounded so good at the time.  I don't know, maybe I was feeling a bit Superwoman-ish that day, but that plan was crazy.  I left myself with mass chaos.  It was only a miracle that the kids and I made it to the car fully dressed and all limbs attached.  I am still emotionally scarred from the event.

Once I began to discover that I hadn't fully lost my mind and my sanity was slowly coming back, it hit me. A personal assistant would have made my life so much easier.  She could have either A) Prepared Dinner or B) ironed the clothes and dressed my children.  It really didn't matter which task, she could have helped me.  I smiled at my brilliance.

One problem...I can't pay a personal assistant.  Shoot.  I need someone who's looking for job experience here.  An intern.  Yes, I need an intern.

So if you are looking for some mommyhood experience, here is what you would learn at the Casa De Torres:


  • How to effectively cleanse a baby's booty after poopies
  • Organizing the schedules of 6 additional people (nephews included)
  • Tactical driving as you maneuver through school drop-off and pick-up
  • Culinary skills to fit the likings of little and big people
  • Coffee preparation...lots of coffee prep
  • And much more, but I have to go.  The baby's crying.  
See???  I really do need an assistant!!!!!!!

No comments: