Monday, February 18, 2013

Menu Monday

Life just throws some curve balls at you every once in a while.  I think it's to make sure we don't get too comfortable.  Last week was a challenge for me.  Friday was a real challenge for me.  So much of a challenge that I welcomed a trip to the grocery store by MYSELF!  I rarely have days that get me down.  I try really hard to enjoy every moment and every stage, but Friday I sat in my car before shopping and cried. 

The day was so stressful.  I was overloaded from noise.  Chubby Cheekers was refusing to nap and after multiple nights of him up 10-15 times from cutting molars and an ear infection, I was at the Mommy Limit.  I had no more patience and I knew I had been a beast myself.  

Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband who did more than his part to care for Chubby Cheekers most of the night on Friday so I could sleep all night long.  I kept my plans to run with friends Saturday morning.  After finishing four miles my attitude was much better, and I was looking forward to our day filled with Little Man's basketball game and Chubby Cheekers' birthday party.

Then I got a text from Steven.  Little Man woke up with a fever and a mini throw up session.  Really?  Ugh!  Long story short, the party got moved to tonight and we ended up having a wonderful weekend by making the best of our time together as a family of five.  With all the yucky curve balls thrown at us, we were able to be together.  That's all we really need.

Wow!  Did I spew all that out?  How about a menu...

Monday-Enchilada Lasagna and Corn Saute
Tuesday-Fish Tacos, Salad, Taco Rice
Wednesday-Crescent Chicken Roll-Ups, Broccoli Casserole, Honey Bread
Thursday-Sandwiches (Little Man has a musical performance)
Friday-Chickfila Style Nuggets, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Saturday-Breakfast for Dinner
Sunday-Dinner at Mom's

No comments: