Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Me + Cottage Cheese


My entire life I have been active.  I began gymnastics very young and continued through middle school until I decided to do competitive cheerleading through high school.  I didn't cheer in college so I picked up running and aerobic classes.  Weight was never an issue with the exception of trying to keep it on. 

I never had an issue with being self-conscience with my weight on the other side of the pendulum until I had kids.  My first pregnancy I gained 45 lbs despite working out almost everyday.  My body just packed on the weight.  It was frustrating.  I vowed to lose all the baby weight within year.  Well, that was a good plan until I got pregnant again.  Two babies in less than two years does something to your body.  

Suddenly, I had a weight problem.  After having Little Miss my body kept the extra 10 lbs.  Despite the cottage cheese on my thighs and non-existent abs, I decided that 125 lbs was my new natural body weight.  I was okay with that.  I accepted the cottage cheese as my new normal.  I had two kids in two years.  My body had just changed.

Well, guess what?  I had another baby, and I was afraid I was going to bulk up another 10 lbs.  The baby weight was not coming off.  I began running.  That helped a bit, but it wasn't cutting it.  I decided to attend my friend's boot camp.  It was just what I needed.  

As of late, I have dropped ALL baby weight.  I weigh and look as I did the day I got married.  Was it easy? No way.  Will I have to work to maintain?  Yep, but I am finally happy with the way I look because I feel STRONG.  I do have issues with accepting 'skinny' compliments.  I often feel people are saying I look too frail, too thin, too gross.  However, I have to remind myself that the compliments are just that...COMPLIMENTS.  I am working hard to say thank you.

I write this to encourage you.  You do not have to accept your baby weight as the new you. It is not you.  You can change what you don't like.  It will be hard.  It will require you to get outside your comfort zone.  It will be worth it.  

If you live in my area, I would love for you to do a FREE trial of the boot camp I do.  There are now evening and morning classes to choose from.  If you are interested in a new you, let me know and I will help you!


1 comment:

Lisa Ensor said...

This is awesome! I used to think girls who were fit after babies were just lucky. Now I understand its hard work for everyone even girls who never struggled with weight issues. Thank you for so real