- My absolute favorite sport is women's gymnastics which should really be called Girl's Gymnastics. Very few of them are women.
- The new rule that the two top scores only per team advance to the Women's All-Around is ridiculous. Let the best compete, not the best from each team. This is the Olympics. Watching Jordan Wieber cry was heart-wrenching. She is a better than gymnasts than the other teams sending their two. It just so happens two of her teammates are just as great.
- I cry with the athletes as they win. All that passion displayed with the realization that their hard work and sacrifice paid off.
- I cry with the athletes that lose.
- I am an all around hot mess while watching these games.
- Listening to all the personal stories is just as exciting as the actual events. I guess I'm nosy, because I want to know it all!
- Being a parent has me watching the parents of the the athletes.
- I want an Olympic Rings tattoo.
- I don't understand why archery and shooting are apart of the Olympics. Those are skilled activities not sports.
- Divers in skimpy speedos is just wrong.
- If I were to enter in the Olympics, I would do gymnastics...or the high dive...or swimming...
- I would not do water polo. I don't like to tread water.
- I have many more thoughts, but the Olympics are on.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Random Thoughts on the Olympics
I love the Olympics like a fat kids loves cake. Here are my random thought after hours of watching the actual games and commentaries...