Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Baby Bullet. Let the Truth Be Told.

I am not an infomercial person.  I don't have a problem with wanting to impulsively buy items from random commercials, but there is one exception.

It was a late night.  Steven was at a fight night, and I was all alone, pregnant with the remote.  A pregnant gal can feel powerful with a remote...and a bowl of popcorn sprinkled with peanut butter m&m's.  As I was shoveling (it is honestly the only way to describe it) popcorn into my mouth, I paused from my channel surfing.  That was my mistake.

The infomercial was for this...

I watched that infomercial, for no lie, a straight hour.  I listened to the testimonials and was convinced that I NEEDED this adorable baby food processor.  All those cute little smiley faces with their cute little containers and their cute little freezer tray.  Let's not even get started on the spatula and recipes.  I. Was. Sucked. In.

I had really planned to buy this before Chubby Cheekers was of solid food age so I'd be ready, but time goes by fast.  I never purchased the Baby Bullet at the store where I had the best coupon, and I had fresh veggies ready to go.  Instead, I pulled out my food processor, steamed the carrots, and tried to liquify them.  No bueno.  See!  I really do need the Baby Bullet and their cute little faces, but it wasn't going to help me in that moment.  I had to make do with what I had, and all I had left was my blender.  And, guess what?  It worked just like the Baby Bullet.  At least what I saw on the infomercial.  I just saved myself $60!

I may not have the containers with those little smiley faces, but I do have some small mason jars and they work.  Thankfully, my senses came to me before I got sucked in to the infomercial world.  Can you imagine what would have happened to me if I had given in?  I could have ended up with a set of Trendy Tops, or a Pedi Egg, or the electric claw sharpener.  I'd better stop there.  I don't want to share too much.




1 comment:

Alice said...

http://www.iloveyoumorethancarrots.com/2011/03/secret-to-baby-food-makin.html here is a site you might like for more ideas.