Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Caloric Chicken

I'm about to let out a big secret.  You will never look at me the same again.  I am a recipe picture looker.  Doesn't sound that bad does it?  I am infamous for looking at the pictures and barely scanning the ingredient list.  Look at the directions?  Nah.  That would take too long.

This is precisely what happened last night.  I started to make Chicken Kiev.  Oops.  I was supposed to prepare it and then refrigerate it for at least an hour before baking.  Since I only had an hour to make it start to finish I was out of luck. No Chicken Kiev for us.

Being the desperate inventive cook I am, I put together a new dish.  I would like to name it Caloric Chicken.  The name should speak for itself.

Caloric Chicken

4 chicken breast thawed
2 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
4 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
4 tsp of green onions, finely diced
4 Tbsp Ranch dressing
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste

  • Using the flat end of the meat mallet, thin chicken to 1/4 inch thickness
  • Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
  • In the center of the chicken sprinkle 1 Tbsp of cheese, 1 tsp of green onion, and a pinch of bacon into each breast.
  • Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick.
  • Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Ranch on each piece
  • Bake, uncovered, @ 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until juices run clear
Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: