This is precisely what happened last night. I started to make Chicken Kiev. Oops. I was supposed to prepare it and then refrigerate it for at least an hour before baking. Since I only had an hour to make it start to finish I was out of luck. No Chicken Kiev for us.
4 chicken breast thawed
2 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
4 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
4 tsp of green onions, finely diced
4 Tbsp Ranch dressing
garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Using the flat end of the meat mallet, thin chicken to 1/4 inch thickness
- Season with garlic powder, salt, pepper to taste
- In the center of the chicken sprinkle 1 Tbsp of cheese, 1 tsp of green onion, and a pinch of bacon into each breast.
- Roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Ranch on each piece
- Bake, uncovered, @ 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until juices run clear