Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jackie's Cheesecake Chimichanga

This is THE dessert.  The dessert that will add to your curves.  That's a nice way of saying it will make you F-A-T.  I think this is precisely why my BFF Jackie made this when we were at their house for dinner.  We also had some pretty rockin' ribs courtesy of her husband, Steven.  Not to be confused with my Steven.  Her Steven is white.  My Steven is mocha.  Or Puerto Rican.  However you want to look at it.  Today I prefer mocha.  Tomorrow, I'll probably go with Puerto Rican.

Anyway, we're really discussing the deliciousness of the Cheesecake Chimichanga, and Jackie's ploy to enlarge my back side even more than it is.  If I consume any more of these slices of heaven, people will start to ask where I purchased my Silicone Booty Pads.  Jackie, even though I'm on to your evil plot I completely appreciate you sharing this recipe with me and the rest of the bloggy world.  And, I know you don't aspire to make me fat.  At least I THINK you don't...

For the rest of you, consider yourself warned.  Deliciously fattening recipe ahead.  Make at your own risk...

Cheesecake Chimichanga
2 cans crescent rolls
24 oz cream cheese (blocks)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
(additional ingredients for topping listed below)
  • Layer a greased 9x13 dish with one can of crescent rolls.
  • Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
  • Spread on top of crescent rolls.
  • Layer top with 2nd can of crescent rolls.
For the Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter
  • Mix together 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
  • Melt 1 stick of butter and mix with sugar and cinnamon combo.
  • Pour on top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Once it cools refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Additional toppings: strawberries and whip cream (just because you'll need more calories)
It's okay to love and hate me for posting this.  I understand.
Happy Cooking!!!

3 comments:

Kuenys said...

thanks! now i am craving it again:)

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

OH my gosh this sounds SO good!!

Anonymous said...

I make this dessert, but my recipes call it Mexican Cheesecake or Sopapilla Cheesecake. It's always a hit at church potlucks, dinner parties, luncheons, etc. I'm actually making it this weekend for 3 different functions. I'm glad I'll be taking it to other people, otherwise I'd eat the whole pan! :) I usually serve it warm, but it's just as good cold. Mmmmmm.