Friday, February 11, 2011

Confession Time

This is really hard for me to admit, but I feel I must.  I just need to get it off my chest, but if you could please promise not to judge me.  I have a problem with my cake stand.  Not so much with the stand itself, but what's in it, or NOT in it. 

A good while back we had some friends over for dinner.  For dessert I whipped up some of these little bites of heaven...

{Photo via Tasty Kitchen}

I didn't want to put them on a platter so I pulled out the cake stand.  They looked so scrumptious under the crystally glass cover.  I felt like I were in a bakery picking out a warm delight each time I lifted the lid.  Here's where the problem lies.  I kept lifting and lifting and lifting until every single scrumptious bite was gone.  Of course our guests received cookies, but not many.

After the treats were gone, I was left with an empty cake stand.  I just couldn't bear the thought, so I made these...
{Photo via Tasty Kitchen}
They lasted about 1.5 days, and the cake stand was empty...again!  I tried just washing her (the cake stand), so she could rest on the counter, but that proved to be a huge mistake.  She was upset with me.  I swear I could hear he sobs from the living room.  I knew she felt empty.  Incomplete.  Being the compassionate person that I am, I got up to throw together a pan of brownies sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.  Unfortunately, those didn't last long either...


So yet again I'm left with an empty cake stand.  Now what shall I make?

2 comments:

Alice said...

MCINTOSH-OATMEAL COOKIES

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup margarine or butter (2 sticks), softened
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 medium-size McIntosh apples, peeled, cored, and diced (about 2 cups)
3 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1 cup dark seedless raisins
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped

About 2 1/2 hours before serving or early in day:

1. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat sugar and margarine or butter until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and eggs; beat just until blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. With spoon, stir in apples, oatmeal, raisins, and walnuts.

2. Preheaat oven to 350 degreees. Drop batter by level 1/4 cups, about 3 inches apart, on 2 ungreased large cookie sheets.

3. Place cookie sheets on 2 oven racks. Bake cookies 20 to 25 minutes until golden, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking time. With pancake turner, remove cookies to wire racks to cool.

4. Repeat until all batter is used. Store cookies in tightly covered container. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

LOL! That is a problem! You are such a good cook Amanda!

xx