Monday, January 17, 2011

Menu Monday

Good Morning!  I have an announcement to make.  Are you ready?  I'm tired.  The end.  That's the announcement.  My endless tiredness comes from a broken alarm clock.  The thing keeps going off at 6:15am.  It usually doesn't go off until 7:00am, but lately it has a mind of its own.  Who am I kidding?  This alarm clock has always had a mind of its own and it usually goes in cycles.  It's 'ring' time can be as early as 6:15am or as late as 8:30am, just depending on its mood.  I really should get a new one, but I'm kind of attached to this one.  It's sentimental, even though it's only a little over 2 years old.  I'll show you a pic of when it was nearly a year old.  Here's my alarm clock...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Thank goodness, she's learned how to sleep better than when she did at 9 months.  Back then she loved me so much she was up twice in the night and early in the morning despite my attempts to let her cry it out.  She's persistent and strong-willed.  I have no idea where she gets it.  Not a clue ;)

Since we've established that I am in fact tired, I will share the menu.  After all that's why you're here, isn't it?

Monday-Broiled Seasoned Chicken Breasts, Trees and Raisins, Cheesy Biscuits
Tuesday-Tator Beef Bake, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Wednesday-Dry Rubbed Pork Chops, Lemon Cream Noodles, Peas
Thursday-Buttered Chicken (we didn't have this last week) served over rice, Steamed Veggies
Friday-Leftover Night (Steven's favorite...NOT!  Sorry, I had to tap into my 90's inner self)
Saturday-Date Night with the Frey's and Hunley's (I sure do love these people)
Sunday-Hot Ham Sandwiches*, Homemade Fries

*If you're looking for an easy crockpot meal, these sandwiches will hit the spot.  So, so, so yummy.  It's like a comfort food on a kaiser roll.

4 comments:

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Love the menu. I really need to start making a weekly menu. It makes life so much organized.

Do you have a recipe for the Tator Beef Bake and the Hot Ham Sandwiches? They both sound delish and I love the crockpot idea.

Hope you've been able to rest up.

Alice said...

What is your Tator Beef Bake?

I am making a Tater Tot Casserole tonight. It is hamburger meat (cooked), green beans, cream of mushroom soup, salt/pepper all mixed up in 13x9 casserole dish and then you top it with thawed tater tots. Bake for 30 minutes on 350.

P.S. You have inspired me to make a weekly menu. We post it on our fridge Saturday and I grocery shop on Sunday.. The big kids help prepare what we can in advance and then we just have to throw it together the night of. It is going great so far!

amanda torres said...

Alice that's awesome! The weekly menu saves me so much time and money. I'll post the Tator Beef Bake next week. It's a little different concept. Your's sounds yummy (and easy) as well. I think we'll try it out too!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sweet mouth I could enjoy some alone time with her