Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pork Chop Dry Rub

It's grilling season people!  I cannot even begin to describe how happy that makes me.  I love warm weather.  Not hot weather, but warm weather.  It means shorts. It means swimsuits.  It means pool time.  It means grilling.

About a year ago my mom passed on this dry rub from my Aunt Pam.  I actually lost the recipe in the move, but I somewhat remembered what was in it.  I had to completely guess use my expert taste buds to measure out the ingredients.  They turned out well.

Pork Chop Dry Rub
6-8 pork chops (bone-in or boneless)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried basil

  • Mix all seasonings together in a bowl.

  • Rub both sides with seasonings, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  The longer they marinate the better.

  • Grill, baby, grill! 

Aunt Pam, I hope I didn't butcher the recipe too much.
Happy Cooking!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

you really DO love some pork chops, huh?! j/k I'm excited to try this one! Grilling means less dishes (and cooking for me as I am not allowed to touch the grill...all part of my master plan!)

amanda torres said...

The pork chop is called the Puerto Rican steak over here!