Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hot Ham Sandwiches

I realize the above picture looks like regular baked ham on a bun, but it's so much more.  I just can't even describe it, so instead I'll leave you with the recipe. 

Hot Ham Sandwiches

3 lbs thinly sliced deli ham (I used regular ham I shaved myself)
2 cups apple juice
2/3 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup pickle relish
2 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp paprika
12 Kaiser rolls, split (I used regular buns, toasted)
  • Place ham into a slow cooker
  • In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (except the rolls, duh!)
  • Cover and let cook on low for 4-5 hours 
  • Serve on Kaiser rolls with additional relish (we do it Plain Jane style)
What are you still on here for?  Go.  Get yo' crock pot and git cookin'.  Word.

Okay, that felt weird even for me.  So let's try this...

Happy Cooking!!!

3 comments:

Alice said...

Printed out and shopping list ready. I can't wait to try these. I think I will make some Sweet Potato Chips to go with them! And maybe corn on the cob. YUM!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

YUM YUM!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO making this! I read the recipe to Jon, and we were both salivating. Yummmm!