Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Lot of Devastation and an Insignificant Menu

It has been a rough couple of days for Oklahoma.  We have all been in the clear in our community, but fellow Oklahomans have not.  In devastating times such as these, my little mind cannot wrap around the emotions of those affected.  What attacks me the most is the thought of the children and teachers.

Tornado, fire, and lockdown drills occur twice a year and rarely do you think about really needing those drills for protection.  They become routine.  However, looking at the elementary school in Moore, OK that was leveled in minutes rips my heart out.  As a teacher, at least for elementary teachers, those kids become YOUR kids.  You, as the teacher, vs. nature, how could you keep them all together?  All safe?  All protected? I can't even imagine.  Honestly, too much thought of it shuts me down.  I just see little faces of my former students.  I pray for those who were in those classrooms, for the families, for teachers, for the community, and will look for opportunities to help serve.

As we all move forward this week, I hope we all find ways to plug in and help.  We are called to be the hands, feet, arms, legs of Jesus.  We may not all do the same thing, but together we can find ways to serve where we make up a whole body.  The most important part is to find something.  Do something.



For those of you who came searching for a menu this week, I have one.  However, insignificant it is.

Monday-Salmon with Avocado Salsa, Grilled Veggies, Brown Rice
Tuesday-BBQ Pork Chops, Ultra Crispy Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday-Fish Tacos, Chip and Salsa
Thursday-Turkey Chili and Cornbread
Friday-SUMMER KICK-OFF!!!!
           Hamburgers, Fresh Cut Veggies and Dip, Fruit Salad 
Saturday-Away
Sunday-Away


No comments: