Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chubby Cheekers~15 Month Edition

Well, it's been a little while since I have given you the down low on my latest adventures.  I have been mastering the skills of up.  Since I've mastered walking and running I've been searching for new skills to add to my repertoire.  One thing I have noticed is people like to take things away from me and then stick them in high places.  That's when I set my sights on a new goal. Climbing.  

At first I began with the obvious, the couch.  Once I learned how to pull myself up on the couch there really was no stopping me.  From the couch I can reach the side table where people leave their drinks. Water out of a large open cup is so much better, but I haven't quite figured out how to not pour it all over myself.

The next level of climbing I mastered was the bar stool.  Those things are more like ladders.  I can get just high enough to see what kind of goodies are on the counters, then I "Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm" Mom to pieces until she gets me what I want.

After mastering the bar stools, I moved to the kitchen chairs and table.  This, my friends, is where it's at.  Standing on that table makes me feel like I'm on stage.  Mommy, however, does the mean face and points her finger at me and says, "No, no!"  Well, guess what?  I learned how to say, "No, no!" too.  What can I say? I'm a genius.

Aside from my climbing skills I can say new words.  My favorite one is dog and woo-woo.  Everytime I see an animal I point and say, "Dog.  Woo-woo."  It's my best dog impression.  Mommy keeps saying things like, "No, Papa.  That's a cow.  Mooooo."  She sounds ridiculous.  Someone should tell her.

Daddy also taught me a new word.  Bollas.  Now when you change my diaper, I reach down and grab that thing between my legs and say, "BOLLAS!"  Daddy thinks it's really funny, but Mommy doesn't laugh as hard.  She also mentioned something to Daddy about not teaching me that stuff because I might do it at church.  Guess what?  I already did.  If those people haven't figured out how weird we are by now, surely I just showed them.  Surely!

Well, it's time for me to sign off.  I'll see you all next month!
Photo: How I ended up with two blonde boys is beyond me, but I love it.

Love,
Chubby Cheekers


No comments: