Friday, November 2, 2012

We Don't Need A Dog

For the longest time I've had the cutest little people ask if we can get a dog.  Steven and I had a dog when we were first married up until we built our house.  Four months we lived with my FIL, so we found our dog a new family.  It was a hard decision, but the best one.

Now that the kids are older, they are asking for a small house dog.  I usually enjoy making my kids' dreams come true, but I'm not budging on this one right now.  No dog.  I'm such a meany pants.

However, when we tell the kids they can't do or have something we generally offer replacements.  That's were Chubby Cheekers comes in...

Photo: ROAR!


Chubby Cheekers is so much like a dog it's uncanny.  Here's the rundown...
  • He chews on shoes if we leave them out.
  • He picks up crumbs under the table if it's not swept up.
  • He plays in the toliet if the lid is up.
  • I have to clean up his messes (pee and poop).
  • He strings his chewed up toys all throughout the house.
  • He growls.
  • H drools.
See?  Just like a dog.  If only my oldest two could understand how logical this all is, then I would be saved.  


No comments: