Now that the kids are older, they are asking for a small house dog. I usually enjoy making my kids' dreams come true, but I'm not budging on this one right now. No dog. I'm such a meany pants.
However, when we tell the kids they can't do or have something we generally offer replacements. That's were Chubby Cheekers comes in...
Chubby Cheekers is so much like a dog it's uncanny. Here's the rundown...
- He chews on shoes if we leave them out.
- He picks up crumbs under the table if it's not swept up.
- He plays in the toliet if the lid is up.
- I have to clean up his messes (pee and poop).
- He strings his chewed up toys all throughout the house.
- He growls.
- H drools.
See? Just like a dog. If only my oldest two could understand how logical this all is, then I would be saved.