Thursday, November 8, 2012

Haters Be Hatin'

Generally, I don't like to share things about my life that would spark jealousy.  I've experienced jealousy and it's not a fun emotion.  I'm glad I learned to tune out of that stage of my life.  Sincerely I hope you have to because what I'm about to share could really strike up some jealousy issues.

I'm sure you noticed my blogging hiatus.  Er, maybe like a two day leave.  Well, I would like to share what I've been doing.  I've been...


  • Doing Laundry
  • Cleaning up puke from floors
  • More laundry
  • Cleaning up puke from beds
  • More laundry
  • Cleaning up puke from carpet
  • More laundry
  • Sanitizing
  • Laundry
  • Deep cleaning
Jealous?  Oh.  You're not.  I can't imagine why.  Actually, I can. Our past two days have been no fun at all.  I was hit with the stomach bug early Monday morning.  I had to miss Little Man's Rise and Shine singing performance.  I missed Little Miss and Chubby Cheekers' Well Check-Ups.  I was in bed.  I felt like a gigantic truck ran over my forehead, and my stomach was cramping.  By the end of the evening, I was able to pull myself from my sheets to see the kids.  

I got to Little Miss first. She immediately started complaining that her tummy was hurting.  Not 15 minutes later, as I was running her bath water, did I turn to see her barfing on the tile.  Great.  Then she threw up in the toilet.  She said she felt a bit better.  Good.  Got that little thing in bed, and she fell right asleep.  An hour later, she puked in her bed.  Wonderful. Steven and I get her sheets stripped, rinsed, changed, and her cleaned up when Little Man stumbles out of his room.  

His stomach hurts too.  Twenty minutes later, he comes in my room and pukes on my carpet.  Fabulous.  I get him and the carpet cleaned up and get him into the bed under his bed.  An hour later, he comes back to get me (with the bowl I gave him), to tell me he puked in the bed .  Perfect.  At this point, Steven is no longer getting up to help.  I put two and two together.  He's down for the count as well.  I get Little Man all cleaned up, sheets stripped, new ones on, and get him back in bed.  I am so exhausted from trying to recover from my own stomach bug that I don't even start the wash.  I just rinse the sheets, toss them in the laundry room, and close the door.

When dawn finally makes way into my room, I check on the kids.  Little Miss is feeling better, but Little Man looks terrible.  It was his birthday too.  He made one more grand finale of throwing up, then flopped from his bed, to our bed (with Steven), and back to the couch all day long.  He did open presents from us, but barely touched them to play.  It was so sad.  To top it off, Chubby Cheekers gets the diarrhea.  Diarrhea so bad that it burned up his booty.  My boys were breaking my heart.

For the remainder of the day, I worked on sanitizing the bathroom, Little Miss' room, the hardwoods, washing sheets, changing diapers, soaking a certain baby's booty, and getting as many fluids in the sicklies at possible.  It was a long, hard day.

I Lysol-ed the couch, put some sheets on it, and fell asleep immediately.  Steven took to our bed, and I wanted to give him space.  Space to sprawl and get better.  When Wednesday rolled around, I was beyond thankful to hear kids requesting breakfast and a husband who asked what he needed to do.  Ahhhh, people on the mend.  I likey!  Steven's first assignment was to take it easy, then I took to stripping our sheets, Little Man's sheets, and sanitizing any and every surface possible.  Our house is CLEAN!  In fact it reeks so much of Pine Sol and Lysol that is makes me gag a bit, but better than regurgitated green bean casserole (I don't think I'll be able to eat that for a very long time).

Alas, today, everyone is where they should be.  Little Man is at school.  Steven is back at work.  I am back into the usual Thursday routine, and could not be any happier.  Life is good.  We are healthy.

Now, this Saturday is Little Man's party and we are going to do it up RIGHT!  Poor guy had the stinkiest 6th birthday ever, so we're going big on his party day!

No comments: