Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm So Thankful

Littlest Man on 6 out of 7 nights sleeps well.  I'm so thankful for those nights.  Last night was one of his wake every two hours night.  It's to be expected, but it doesn't make it any easier getting yourself out of bed to feed and rock.

After one of his feedings, I burped and rocked my precious baby, laid him down in his bed, and went to bed myself.  Thirty minutes later I hear him crying.

I was about to go back in his room when Steven got up to get him.  I was so thankful.  He knew I was tired.  He's a good help.  I couldn't ask for more.  He was willing to sacrifice his sleep even though he went to bed well after his normal bedtime and be up well before his normal wake time.  He was willing to rock and cuddle his baby boy even though he had an early morning presentation and a busy work day that would require him to be not only awake, but alert. I'm so thankful for him.  His sacrifice allowed me to function with minimal circles under my eyes.

On second thought, maybe he did this selfishly.  I bet he's tired of looking at me so ragged and tired.  I bet he misses his wife's old face.  The one that looks refreshed and non-baggy.  Yep, I bet that's it!  Regardless of his motives he's still an awesome dad!

No comments: