Wednesday, January 25, 2012

You Gotta See It

Have you watched it yet? 

 Have you seen it?  

You should rent that.  

You just gotta see it. 

It will change your life.

We've heard them all from family and friends.  So when when we were sitting around Saturday night, we decided to order it.  What you ask?  The movie Courageous. 

Courageous: Exclusive Collector's Edition, DVD   -

I have to be honest.  I believed my friends when they told me all of the above statements, but I really didn't think I would have the same reaction.  Within the first five minutes of the movie, my heart sank.  The parent in me couldn't take it.  Heart wrenching.  Made me think.  How would I react?

The entire movie really made Steven and I evaluate how we parent our children and how we live our lives.  How we treat our children in respect to their gender.  I'm not going to lie.  You will need tissues. Lots of them.  Even though there are devastating moments, it's worth seeing.  In fact, it's a must see.

Steven and I spent a good hour after the movie just talking about our goals for our family and our children.  I can't say we came up with any mind blowing ideas, but reaffirmed what we know to be true and what we must do to raise our children.  

If you Redbox this movie, you'll invest $1 for the future of you family.  
Seriously, do it.
Do it now!
That's not too bossy, is it?



No comments: