Tuesday, January 31, 2012

13.1? 26.2?



We have a lot of fit people in our neighborhood.  A LOT.  We see lots of runners, and if I got up at the butt-crack of dawn I'd see a neighborhood boot camp group out at our 10 acre park.  Fortunately, I'm not crazy so I stay in bed.  Not that those ladies are crazy.  They are just super duper dedicated...and not lazy.  I am not dedicated, and lazy.  Which brings me to my point.

I see a whole lot of these in the neighborhood...
Since I have not ran 13.1 or 26.2 miles, I've never thought about putting one on my car.  After all the longest race I've ever ran non-stop was a 15K, or 9.3 miles.  That was enough for me.  I was pretty content with never having a sticker until I thought...

I have, technically, ran 13.1 and even 26.2 miles over the course of my lifetime.  Heck, if you add up all my mileage it would be near the Ultra-Marathon level.  So why can't I have one?

Pretty smart, huh?  No one would really know if I have or have not ran a half or full marathon.  I could get some massive respect on a technicality.  I'm such a genius.

Then I started thinking even harder.  I wonder how many people actually cheated and just put the sticker on their car.  That would be so stinkin' hilarious!  So if you see me around town with a sticker like the ones above, just know I cheated, and I think it's funny!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I have actually seen a couple 70.3 stickers! I did a little research and found out it is a half Ironman.