Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Monday

It's that time again.  Another Monday and another menu, but today is a little different.  You see, I try to treat all menu items equally, but I don't think there has been enough lovin' on one recipe in particular.  Eggplant Parmesan.  It is simply delicious.  A dish that is sure to blow away your guests.  People won't know it's a meatless entree.  In fact, I made this for the 3rd time for Steven's twin bro.  He actually watched me prep it then asked, "So when you gonna throw the chicken in?" 

"Say what?"  I said.

"The chicken.  When you gonna put it in?"

"Uh, there is no chicken. Eggplant is the substance in there you taste"

"Wow.  I guess I could be a vegetarian," he said.

Now that's going a little overboard.  Rene, nor Steven, could ever go meatless on a regular basis.  They would die of hearty meat withdrawls.  You think I'm kidding?

So, I want you all to trust me and make it.  You'll be surprised.  I certainly was.  Everything else this week is equally delicious.  I had to throw that in.  Wouldn't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.  Menu items can get so touchy sometimes.

Monday-Eggplant Parmesan (scroll to bottom for recipe), Salad,  and The Bread with Garlic Dipping Sauce
Tuesday-Mexican Lasagna with Arroz con Gandules
Wednesday-Spaghetti, Olive Garden Style Salad, and Cheesy Bread
Thursday-Sausage Spinach Pockets with Sweet Potato Fries
Friday-The Ultimate Date Night...kids staying with my mom
Saturday-Dinner @ the Hunley's with the Frey's.  This will be one wild night.
Sunday-Chicken Tacos, Corn Saute, and Garden Salad

1 comment:

jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

I wish I were as good at you to come up with different things to make!