Friday, July 29, 2011

Family Tradition

Rhea Lana of South Tulsa ends today @ noon.  Get your entry in today!!!

I think I've mentioned before that every Saturday morning we have a big family breakfast.  By big I mean I actually cook something fresh and serve it hot.  It doesn't involve toast or oatmeal as the main dish.  Unfortunately,  I've been stuck in a breakfast rut, rotating between about 5 menu items.  It works out okay for the patrons (Steven and the kids) since they don't eat the same thing within a month, but after a few years it gets old.

Pinterest must have heard my cries, because I found two of the most delicious recipes my mouth could barely handle.  The first has endless possibilities, but I'll start with the original recipe.


{via Snacking In the Kitchen}

These little nuggets were from heaven.  A huge hit and very easy to make.  I almost kicked myself in the booty for not making them the night before.  I used egg, sausage, bell pepper, onion, and cheddar cheese so there was no reason those items couldn't have sat in the fridge overnight.  That would have left me more room to focus on these babies...


{via Recipe Girl OR Big Red Kitchen}

I can't even go into the ooey gooeyness of this recipe without my mouth watering.  They were fairly simple to make, but you really need to make sure you read all the special tips at the end of the post to help you get the best pancakes possible.  There were a few things I changed to this recipe, and I'm fully convinced the cream cheese icing recipe is incorrect.  I followed what Recipe Girl instructed, which was really contradictory to what I know about cream cheese frosting, and it turned out very yellow from a heavy butter content and low cream cheese and powdered sugar amount.  I ended up adding an additional 2oz of cream cheese and about another cup and half of powdered sugar.  The consistency turned out great after that.  If you make these, and you try her icing recipe first, please tell me how it turned out for you.

Now, I gave credit to two separate places for this recipe because I went scrolling through the comments to see if anyone else had difficulties with the icing (no one mentioned anything), and I came across a lady who cited another source as being the orginal recipe.  Apparently the Recipe Girl even left a comment on Big Red Kitchen's post about the cinnamon roll pancake recipe.  Even though they looked different, I wanted to be sure to give both gals credit for pure deliciousness!

I sure hope you try these out because they come with two thumbs up from me.  Actually eight thumbs up if you count all members of our family...or ten thumbs...depending if you count Little Nugget that's growing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Both of these receipes look so yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for trying out my recipe for the eggs! Hope to see you back on my blog for more recipe ideas. Happy cooking, Anna