Friday, April 1, 2011

An Urgency

When you start with a baby like this...
...it's hard to wrap your mind around what he'll be like when he's four, or how you'll feel knowing you're about to send him off to school in four short months.  It's hard to imagine a time 'that' far off.  He was so little and knew so very little.  Except that he liked to cry.  And nurse.  And cry.  And nurse.  You get the point.

With the idea of Little Man starting school in August I have this sudden urgency to expose him to as many experiences as I can.  Thank goodness the weather is warming up and we can get out and about a lot easier.  Tomorrow we're headed to the Redbud Valley Nature Preserve to hike the mile trail and have a picnic as a family.  I have a million things I need to get done around the house.  I have a million crafts I would like to work on.  I turned down a craft fair to promote Wisp Clips.  All of these things are important, but none as an important as our time as a family.  Because, I know one day all I'll want to do is spend time with my kids and offer them new experiences and they won't be there.  They will be with their families building new memories, and then I will cry on Steven's shoulder.   Let's be honest.  Steven will be crying on mine too. 

Now that I've depressed myself severely thinking about the not so distant future, I'm off to hug my kids' necks whether they like it or not.  Then we'll go to the park and have some lunch.  I just love warm weather days.

Happy Friday!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Kiera starts school in August too. Jimmy and I will be taking off work those first two days to take her and pick her up. I will probably me a mess. Kiera will be too excited to go play with the other kids and forget all about us. I feel your pain.