Thursday, April 7, 2011

How To Make Your Own Pizza Crust and Sauce

We do homemade pizzas a lot at our house.  It's fast.  It's easy.  It's tasty.

Shorty after being turned on to The Pioneer Woman, I stopped buying pizza dough.  I started making my PW's.  It's super simple, and I know exactly what's going in the crust.  Since I was already making the crust, I decided to start making the sauce as well.  It's not hard either, and I almost always have the ingredients on hand anyway.

Here's what you need to make your own pizza sauce...

1 small can of tomato sauce
3-4 TBSP diced onions
2 garlic cloves minced
1 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
a dash of sugar

First, heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Then toss in the onion and garlic until the onion begins to turn clear and the garlic is getting browned.  Add the tomato sauce.  Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Add Italian seasoining, and a small dash of sugar.  Taste.  If too bitter, add a little more sugar.  If too sweet, toss in a little sauce.

There you have it.  A homemade sauce to go with your homemade crust.  The toppings are endless so have at it!

Happy Cooking!!!

No comments: