Sunday, March 16, 2008

Birthday Surprises

A few weeks ago I had my 28th birthday. It was a little bittersweet...I cannot believe that I am so close to 30, but on the other hand I really love where I am in life.

Anyway, my birthday was full of surprises. Surprise #1 was the storage bench Steven's dad built for me. A few months back I was looking through a Pottery Barn catalogue while he was over playing with his grandson. I had pointed out this bench to Steven because I had been wanting something new for the entry way. His dad apparently took the magazine and started building this for my birthday. It was the best gift ever. I absolutely love it!

Surprise #2 was my gift from Steven. I have been really tired lately and just thought it was about time for Spring Break. Apparently, I had good reason to be tired. Below is Steven's gift...

SURPRISE...baby #2 is due October 22nd. Apparently the transition between breastfeeding and birth control didn't go as smoothly as planned. However, we are both very excited (at least after the initial shock wore off)! For those of you doing the math, Mason and baby #2 will be 23 months apart.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is wonderful!! Amazing storage bench!! Madison and Drew are 20months apart - I promise you will survive!! I am excited for you!!

Heather said...

I am SO excited for you guys!!! Ellee and Preslee are 25 months apart...so its great! :) You have already proven you make pretty cute 'pups' so this is just gonna be another adorable one!! YAY!!!!